5.10.2010

Studies - Edie Promo


"Sienna Miller as Edie."
This is a promotional concept for a documentary based on the life of Edie Sedgwick, and the portrayal of her character in media, particularly film. I referenced a screen shot of Sienna Miller playing Edie Sedgwick in the movie "Factory Girl".
"Edie: The Finale."
I printed each layer separately on charcoal paper,
which gave the image a silk-screen effect, echoing
a Pop Art/Warhol aesthetic.

Studies: "Edie.", "Edie No. 2 (Y).", "Edie No. 3 (M).", "Edie No. 4 (C).", "Edie No. 5.", "Edie No. 6 (CYMK)."
medium: graphite and ink on vellum, Adobe PhotoShop. 2009.
"Edie."
I began the study reducing a referenced image
using graphite and ink.
 
"Edie No. 2 (Y)."
I created colored variations digitally,
beginning with pure yellow.
"Edie No. 3 (M)."
Magenta.

"Edie No. 4 (C)."
Cyan.
"Edie No. 5."
I returned to the original image and cleaned up the pixels.
Next, I added text, setting the name in a grunge typeface.
I broke the image with a grid to connect both parts into one image.


"Edie No 6 (CYMK)"
Typeface: "reservoir grunge."
I integrated the colored variations into image and text.
I wanted to evoke a sense of the time period. I began
to capture abrokenness, detachment, and chaos, while
still isolating the beauty of the character.



No comments: